Friday, July 29, 2011

DFB Cup - Stage 1 - SV Sandhausen

The season finally starts!

Traditionally the season starts with the DeutscherFußballBund Pokal (yes, it really sounds that lame).
All teams of 1. and 2. Bundesliga are seeded and will play against cup qualifiers like SV Sandhausen, or Amatuer clubs, if I'm not mistaken any team could qualify even some 8th tier side.. (if there is an 8th tier?!?)

Anyway, Dortmund's younger history isn't really bright, we got kicked out of the cup twice in stage 2 by 3rd. league sides (Osnabrück, Offenbach). And MAYBE we learned from it. 


Let's get this over with


Alright, I'd love to tell you more about Sandhausen and their team, but actually I don't know anything and
I don't really care either. All I know is that they are on a 14-games unbeaten streak (very impressive) and that Sandhausen is in a area where the German (if you want to call it that) dialect makes me want to barf.

Both coaches said pretty much the same what they always say before these matches.. 
Sandhausen's coach: "Bla Bla Bla, we are the underdogs but we have a tiny little chance that we want to take."
Klopp: "Bla Bla Bla, we have to be careful and aware and take them serious and everything..."

So I just want to go there, win and don't care any further about Sandhausen. Now someone will say "Hey, show some respect!", but I won't. Haha. I expect Dortmund to cruise along even with all the cautioning words before..
It's Dortmund's duty to take this Sandhausen side seriously enough to get a win, (without extra time, of course), not mine.


Maybe this year it's gonna be different

The DFB Pokal is of course the shortest way to win a title,
and so everyone is hoping that this will be "THE YEAR"!
So of course, I'm stupid enough to believe that Dortmund might make it far this year (third stage would be a success). 
But what I really hope for is finally a DFB-Pokal HOME MATCH! 
I can't even remember when it was the last time when Dortmund had a home match in the DFB Cup..
I mean, we have this great stadium and with our Südtribüne and our atmosphere we would have a huge advantage, so please make this happen!






Personal problems

Marcel Schmelzer probably won't make it, so he will be replaced by Chris Löwe.
Kehl, Gündogan and Perisic aren't 100% sure, they picked up a knock.
But we should still have enough quality to beat a 3rd tier side.

K. THX. BYE.. see you at the post match report.

No comments:

Post a Comment